Friday, March 23, 2007

I hate PBS....

OK - lets get the weight thing out of the way first...I got on my seemingly broken scale and it no longer said I weighed 149...it said I weighed a lot more...

In a nutshell I am up a pound - so my total lost is 9 lbs...but considering I have been running around like a manic the past two weeks and my ass has had far more than it's share of chinese food I am just happy I am only up a pound...

Meanwhile, I hate PBS...

Every evening when we get home PWG and TW get to watch TV while TC and I unwind, get dinner on, etc... 9 times out of 10 they want to watch Seseme Street on PBS. Being that they are almost 6 I should be happy that they still want to watch Seseme Street and not some god-awful show featuring a bunch of whiney pre-teens...RIGHT?

Welllllll last night SS had a whole segment about bells...all different types of bells - I do belive it was during the Elmo section of SS but I can't be sure...which lead to the girls wanting to make their own bells {warning sirens going off in my head} - I tried to put them off - really I did

But the little things went out to the recycle bin after dinner and brought in a huge box of trash back into my house declaring that THEY were going to make bells...of course TC and I looked at each other and realized what we would be doing for the next hour of our life.

So we all go trouping out to the garage and look around...I spied some alumnium cans...hummm maybe put some washers inside to make a clanging noise??? so we are pulling out washers and twine and hammers and nails...and after many curse words muttered under our breaths - TW and PWG are the proud owners of "bells" "THEY" (ha ha ha ha) made.

Damn you PBS and all the learnin'

All I can say is if they re-run the Elmo segment about Babies...TC and I are OUT... TW and PWG can figure out how to make those on thier own (preferably 20 years from now)

1 comment:

Queen of the Mayhem said...

The past two weeks before this one have not been good for me. Only being up one pound is not that bad! You can easily lose that!

It is just so hard to stay motivated! I hope you have a better week next week!

9 pounds is great!