Saturday, October 22, 2011

DAY 1 - so far so good

So I am at the end of Day one for my Standard Process Purification Program - so far so good

but I do have to preface this with the fact that I have had a major head cold for the past few days- which has diminished my hunger for things that are good...add in the fact that I eat a relatively clean diet - with little fast food and little caffeine - so doing this program is a bit easier for me.

Anyway - you may be asking what does the process entail?

The first 7 days you have 2-3 shakes a day made with the program powder, along with cleansing and fiber capsules. You also get all the veggies and fruit you want - within reason. You want to eat more veggies then fruit and eat as much raw or just slightly cooked as possible...you can also have 1/2 cup of brown rice or lentils a day as well.

So what did I eat today

Started with a shake - two scoops of powder, some water, a tablespoon of coconut oil, 1/2 a small banana and a handful of frozen raspberries. It is was Ok - the powder has a specific taste to it - hard to describe - the best I can do is say its "earthy". Some of the recipes I have read about talk about adding veggie juice - ummmm I think I will stick with fruit based smoothies.

We spent the day out and about -I made myself a cup of green tea - even though I have been told a small cup of coffee a day would be ok - I have decided at least for the first 7 days I will switch to green tea. I packed myself some carrots and bell pepper slices to munch on. I still have the head cold so nothing sounded good but I knew I needed something to have with me.

Got home and made another smoothie - same as above

I also spent some time making some homemade veggie broth for some upcoming soups I plan to make.

Dinner was IMO great - I simply cut up some yellow and green squash, red onion, baby portebello mushrooms and some bell pepper and sauteed them up with some garlic and olive oil and then threw in a handful of spinach. I added some Pampered Chef Chili Lime spice to give it some kick served it up over 1/2 cup of brown rice.

So I feel ok - still have the head cold so that is weighing me down some - on to Day 2...

No comments: