Friday, May 23, 2008
add in that it is a holiday weekend - no work on Monday - yeahhhhh
I will begin my weekend by going through 2 levels of hell...I told the girls I would take them to the fabric store with me...both of them.
Now going someplace with PWG isn't that big of a deal - she is pretty sedate and I can engage her in a conversation. If I ask her to sit and wait - she will sit and wait.
TW on the other hand, usually acts like she just ate a giant bag of poprocks washed down by 4 Red Bulls....here there and everywhere....all the while her mouth going a mile a minute.
Apart they are OK...together is a whole other ball game...it could work out that they are polite and actually listen to me...or it could go a totally opposite way of them "playing" WWE Smack-down in the middle of the Fleece isle.
Lord grant me the strength...
In other news I made myself a new purse
and I was awarded my 10 year award at work...my "gift" - an umbrella - I had about 5 things to choose from...I choose the one that might actually be useful at some point in my life...at least I get an extra hour of vacation a pay period now...
In case you are looking for time wasters this Friday here are some Blogs I love to peruse
Death Wore a Feathered Mullet (R - Mature audiences)
Toddlers and Bananas (G - General Audiences) - Gretchen is my Darth Vader
Mom-o-Matic (G - General Audiences) - Lotta just tells it like it is
My Pumpkin Pie (G-General Audiences) - Just about the cutest newborn you will ever see
Trees in OK (G- General Audiences) - if you are into running check out Tree's blog...myself - I think being eaten by a lion would be far less painful than running anywhere
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
I am obsessed...with sewing now...in addition to the 101 million other crafty things I already have my hand in...
I can't wait for this weekend...why
because it is a holiday weekend? NOPE
because it is suppose to be in the 80's and BEAUTIFUL? NOPE
well then why then...
because the fabric stores are having BIG SALES....
and I must go...and buy more fabric...pretty fabric...precious fabric
Currently our sitting room has been turned into Jenni's sewing haven - with a 6ft fold out table and lots of scraps...
I told TC that I would clean everything up once I got the teachers year end gift of handbags finished...
I see now that I have probably infact lied to my husband....
The only consolation I have is my daughters are slowly loving my creations...they both want a bag to carry their Webkinz in...maybe I can turn it around...if they bat thier big eyes at TC and tell them mommy needs to make them a bag...then he can't possibly be mad my stuff is still all over long after I have finished the teachers bag.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
I am a “do to mucher” – I always have been and always will be…I have over the years stifled my little “mucher” and have slowly backed away from always raising my hand when someone asks for a volunteer.
Does that mean I have any less to do?
Nope….I NEED something to do – it keeps me on track…gives me a purpose…
Last night – I got home from work – got dinner for the girls – went over their homework - took them to their make-up swim lesson – got home – made two loaves of strawberry bread and another batch of chocolate starfish (you’ll understand as you read below) - picked up the house a bit and made TC "HAPPY" :)
To that avail I am always juggling a bunch of projects and being the procrastinator that I am – means I always have something that needs to be done RIGHT NOW (or at least I think I do)
Add into the fact that I suffer from CADD…that would be Craft Attention Deficit Disorder. Yes, I readily start one project only to be swayed by another project I MUST DO RIGHT AWAY….so that leaves me with half finished projects.
The only way to get me to finish things is to give me a deadline…but even then sometimes the power is to strong…I see a pretty object and start scheming about the stuff I need to make said project.
Currently in production I have
- 5 crocheted scarves…a craft store was having a sale on yummy yarn for $2 a skein (normally $7/skein) so I had to buy a ton and a half - all the scarves are pretty much done – they just need the fringe added…something that would take all of 15 minutes per scarf…have I done it yet - nope…I envision that I will be using the scarves as holiday gifts this year so it gets pushed back
- 1 crocheted blanket…status ½ done – see I went to the Dollar Store about 6 months ago and they had gotten a shipment in of really cool and bright multicolored yarn and at $1/skein I bought a bunch and crocheted a blanket…a blanket that both PWG and TW fell in love with and take turns sleeping with at night…2 months ago I walked into another Dollar store and found more yarn…bought it so each of my girls could have their own blanket and I don’t spend 8 minutes every night hearing screetching “BUT YOU had it last night”…”No I didn’t you did”
- 25 3-D papercrafting swaps – yes 25 – I finally figured out what I am going to do – paper is cut – now I just have to assemble…oh yeah this HAS a due date…I have 2 weeks to get this done
- 25 cards – Well I don’t have to put these together I just have to design said card and cut all the materials for the card…card is designed – now to cut and cut and cut…like the 3-d items…I have two weeks
- 9 Girl Scout journals – see my girls Brownie leader is an Uber-leader and I think she might be slightly off her rocker because she is taking NINE 7-10 year olds camping for 2 nights…2 nights people!!!! And I don’t have to go with them. I volunteered to make each girl going a small journal – so she can write in it during the camp out. Project status – haven’t even begun…no wait – I have the chipboard and the Girl Scout paper…I have a deadline of 3 weeks for this project.
- 160 chocolate starfish lollypops – 160 people….if my sister ever gets married again I am not volunteering to make the favors…I swear…I did get the molds and I was smart and bought 4 molds of 4 each…so far I have made 2 batches – with a third sitting in my fridge as we speak…only 7 more batches to go…oh and her wedding is in a month…and then I still have to package each one in a cello wrap – tied it with the perfect pewter ribbon and attach a delightful little tag…
- A Few WHOO-HOO Chocolate Pops - Said Sister is having a Bachalorette party in two weeks and I am sending a care package with one of her bridesmaids since I can't attend (Girls weekend in the mountains of NC - it would take me 7 hours one way to drive) - I am making a WHOO-HOO pop for everyone...these are getting made along with the Starfish batches...so there are Orange and Dark Chocolate Whoo-Hoo's - I should be done with the Whoo-Hoo making tonight and be able to get the package in the mail Saturday morning...now lets hope they don't melt...nothing is sadder than a droopy Whoo-Hoo. Plus the fact they are sitting in my fridge and the girls keep asking if they could have one...ummm no...no 7 year old needs to be munching down on a Whoo-Hoo...so the sooner the Whoo-Hoos are out of my house the better :)
Now add in the fact that I just got a sewing machine and I am now addicted to all things sewing…I saw a picture of pretty little Key Fobs and now I feel the urge to make some myself…only I need to make them longer so I can use it as a Lanyard at work…cause right now I am using some god-awful yellow cast-off lanyard from a co-worker.
So I still need to add into the projects…
- a lanyard
- at least 3 cute tote bags with packs of cards for the end of the year teacher gifts
- plus PWG asked if I could make her a totebag to carry her Webkinz in
I keep this up I might one day be as cool as Gretchen
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
It's it A-FREAKIN-DORABLE - and so easy - basically you iron on the fabic to a piece of interfacing that has all the cut and sew lines...so easy a monkey can do it...
I dropped another $50 in the store after the class on more fusable patterns and luscious fabrics
I got home and worked on getting that brand new sewing machine out of the box and set up - easier than I thought - then I whipped up two more
the green and brown bag is simply delicious - I forgot to take a picture of the other one before I gave it as a gift...beautiful dusty teals and brown and cream stripes....ohhh ohhhh... and then there is more fabric I bought...aren't they just screaming out
SEW ME - oh baby SEW ME
Friday, May 09, 2008
So anyway we started looking in the 7-14 section – I was AMAZED at the prices of the dresses…$40+ - now granted we were at Kohls so you knock off 30-40% - but still and forget trying to look for a simple cotton sundress – those apparently don’t come in sizes 7 and above.
As I started looking at the dresses a thought came to me.
Maybe I could make the girls some dresses myself (nevermind I JUST got a new sewing machine that is still sitting in the box because after reading the manual I am scared of it)
DING DING DING DING…
What the hell are those bells – why every time a woman turns a little more into her mother her mother gets an “I told you so” notch on her mothering belt
The moment I had that thought I was instantly whisked back to 1980 something…
Anyone remember JAMS shorts…
You know the butt ugly print shorts that EVERYONE had to have?
I wanted a pair…my mom took one look and said “Nope, to expensive but I will make you a pair”
And so she did…and when I complained there was no “JAMS” tag on the back…you know what she did…oh yes she sewed up a little tag that said “MOMS”…
After that incident I knew better than to ask for a Jimmy Z skirt…
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Thursday, May 01, 2008
TW: Is that where Uncle John is?
ME: Now he is somewhere else.
TW: In our hearts right?
TW: How do people know how to get to Heaven when they die
ME: They just know somehow
TW: Do they use GPS?