Monday, November 09, 2009

As if my Craft ADD wasn’t bad enough…

Most thing I take my time with – I research – I hem I haw, especially if it is going to cost me money.

For me crafting is like a sucking black hole..it sucks money from my pocket…I have reams and reams of printouts of ideas and projects I would like to do “One Day”. I will say over the past year or two I have been better about actually completing one project before moving onto the next.

But I find myself delving further and further into all things crafty…it has morphed from scrapbooking to cardmaking to sewing to home décor…there doesn’t seem to be an end in site.

So what did I do today…I bought yet ANOTHER crafting machine…TC is going to kill me…I think I might have to buy something Camo to dangle in front of him when I tell him about my newest purchase…Camo should calm him down…hopefully…

So what did I buy?? Because I already have the Big Shot and the Cricut…what more could I need…

The SILHOUETTE

sweet, sweet silhouette…this will enable me to cut any True Type Font in a variety of materials…paper, cardstock and my newest favorite VINYL….

I could have bought a program for my Cricut that will do the same thing – Sure Cuts A Lot…but from what I have read there are pros and cons for both…While the footprint of the Silhouette is a bit different (8.5x11) than the Cricut (6X12 or 12x12 or 12x 24 – depending on the machine) I was enamored by the ability to save projects on an SD card and use the machine independent of a computer if need be. I also like the idea that you can download images and templates as single units directly from the company.

I do enjoy my Cricut – but I find I am using it a lot more to create home décor and gifts using vinyl and felt for some projects I would like to do the 6” is limiting…I know 8.5” doesn’t give me a whole lot of extra room…but it is a least a little more.

I can’t wait to get my newest toy and start playing…now to go buy something in Camo…

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Cammo and a BJ - you should be fine!