Thursday, March 06, 2008

More and more like a child everyday...

So PWG and TW and I have this routine we do - it started as a quick kiss on the lips…then it moved to Eskimo nose rubs then a kiss on the forehead…

So every time I say goodbye to my girls or tuck them in at night the routine has now evolved into this

Kiss, Kiss (lips)
Hug, Hug (self explanatory)
Nosey, Nosey (Eskimo rubs)
Kiss on the forehead

Of course my little OCD TW girl needs to have it done 3 times…

Anyway so last night TC picked the girls up from afterschool care, got them dinner and started on their homework because I had an errand to run…needless to say they were in full 6 going on 7 mode last night…whiney, bitchy and all around aggravating. I got home about 6:15pm

By about 7pm he just looked at me and said “can I escape for a little while they are driving me nuts”

Sure go ahead…I figured he would go to the Man Mecca of Home Depot or Gander Mountain…

So I actually get the girls into bed about 8pm (sweet hallelujah) and settle in with my 101 little things to do around the house…by about 9pm I had settled in front of the TV tagging clothes for my twins club yards ale this weekend and watching Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi channel (freaked me the hell out…every time I heard a little noise I was all jumpy)

So I look up at the clock and see it is about 10pm – hummm wonder where TC is so I call him on his Cell and ask if he is coming home anytime soon…

On his way he tells me…and where was he – not at Home Depot nor Gander Mountain – he was at the pinnacle of all Man Mecca’s – HOOTERS.

Turns out he called a friend and decided to go grab a drink with him – at HOOTERS…

You know if I ever win the lottery – I am opening my own restaurant…what am I going to call it - BUNS – everything on the menu will be served on some type of Bun…but that isn’t what will draw people in - Oh no – the slab of beefcake poured in to cute tight bike shorts and chest-hugging tank tops serving food will. Now granted a man planted firmly in heterosexual land won’t step foot in the place – but it sure would be a smash with sexually frustrated housewives and gay boys.

Anyway – TC makes it home and we talk for a little while before he retires to the guest room (no trouble in paradise – TC had shoulder surgery a few weeks ago and needs room to spread out while he sleeps because he can’t move his arm in certain directions)…

So I go in to give him a kiss goodnight…and what do I do without even realizing until the deed was done…

Kiss, Kiss (lips)
Hug, Hug (self explanatory)
Nosey, Nosey (Eskimo rubs)
Kiss on the forehead

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up girl!!
I love Hooters and strangely enough when my sis lived here we would end up there ourselves with dh calling us to see where we were, lol! Good times:)

Karen said...

Awww, we do nosey noseys in our house too!!

Tree said...

I drove by Hooters yesterday on my way to Toys'R'Us and wondered if many people still went there (it was noon and the parking lot was full, so that was my answer).

I love your routine.

Builder Mama said...

Holy crap, your idea is brilliant! I would so go there. As a matter of fact, can I help you in screening potential employees? Please?