Friday, October 09, 2009

Stalker Friday: For the Love of Purses...

So in order to force myself to actually come to my blog and actually post stuff so I don't fall off the face of the earth I have decided to institute Stalker Fridays...

What are Stalker Fridays...well there are many things i am passionate about in my life and because of the WWW i can stalk people who might share those same passions from afar...Creepy, no?

So for my First Stalker Friday I am going to talk about my love of purses.

Because of a Brownie Vest 2 years ago for Mothers Day TC presented me with a Sewing Machine as my present.

Unless you count Home Ec projects gone horribly wrong I had never really sewed in my life....

So one trip to the local quilting store and one purse class later I was hooked.

The purses I make are not over the top - they are simple and colorful and surprisingly some people are actually willing to pay me for one...

Over the past few months I have decided to try and branch out with my sewing...it is slow going but I have found some wonderful sites to follow

Artsy-Craftsy Babe - simply wonderful - I have no idea who this woman is...but I am sort of grateful I don't know her because I really don't want to be slapped with a restraining order. Her patterns have been featured in a number of sewing books and she has some wonderful patterns available for purchase. She has also been greatful enough to share a few tutorials for FREE - I recently used her PHOEBE bag tutorial to make myself a simply awesome purse. See isn't it cute....


Make It and Love it - oh how I adore this site...I will admit I have never made anything featured on this site - YET (I have the Grocery Bag Holder printed out and stored in my MUST DO ONE DAY SOON pile...) it is a FABULOUS site that not only has all things sewing...but it gives you links to other crafty-licious things...I could spend hours on this site clicking through links...saving projects that I intend to do. One of my most favorite things are the posts about repurposing items...Like for example today she shows how to repupose an adult shirt into an adorable dress for a little girl - GENIUS...go take a look - I'll wait...

Homemade By Jill - Jill is a crafting goddess...she is the UBER queen in my little stalking world...why you may ask...umm Sewing - CHECK, Papercrafts - CHECK, Yarn/Textile Art - CHECK, any other crafty idea - CHECK - from bulletin boards to punched butterflies to sock monkeys to blouse pillows - this chick has got it going on...I stumbled upon her site when I was thinking about making my own curtains and fell in love with the ones she HANDPAINTED - however I chickened out and ended up just buying some (the blame goes to Pier One and thier great sale)

Now I will say there are many other blogs I peruse that deal with sewing...but the above are my go-to places to find something new and wonderful...maybe you too will find something that inspires you to bring out the crafty goodness inside of you...

No comments: