Thursday, April 17, 2008

I am running away...

and I may never come back...

This weekend is my annual Mothers of Multiples convention...it is a regional convention of which about 20 or so clubs gather for a weekend...

Imagine if you will about 200+ mothers of twins, triplets OR MORE all in one place....

There better be some damn nice mattresses and some free flowing alcohol....cause 48 hours aways from the kids...all anyone wants to do is sleep and drink...seminars be damned...

I have to say, lately, being a mom sort of sucks...

I mean you are sort of prepared for the non-sleep, spit-up, messy diaper period that is babyhood...everyone warns of the "terrible twos" but no one to date warned me about the

SUCKTASTIC SIXES (and SEVENS)

seriously my girls are driving me nuts....the 'tude is really off the scale...with all the "I don't have to do what you say"... the "I don't wanta's"...the whiney "but everyone else gets to..." and then the gimme's....I swear ask them to do a simple task and the response is "Whatcha' going to give me"

Add in asking them to do the same thing 101 different times - only to wind up doing it yourself...

Seems I am not alone either - in a discussion with my PIM's (Pyscho Internet Moms) who all have children about the same age as mine are dealing with some of the same issues...

so what does that do to a person - turns them into a very yelly mom...

and I don't like being a yelly mom

My co-worker and I were discussing our kid problems and she told me she was on strike...YEP on strike - seems this past Monday she had had enough and decided to go on strike - that she was tired of telling her kids time and time again to do something or remind them of something only to not have it done...HOWEVER...she did not get yelly...oh no - she said in her house growing up she and her sister didn't really pay attention when her mom yelled at them....but when her mom cried that is when they knew her mom meant business...so she in effect channeled her mom and cried...and cried and told her kids she was on strike...

I asked a friend with older twins why no one warns you about the Sucktastic Sixes...she said it is because they are to busy dealing with the Egotistical Eights to warn those behind them...

joy...something to look forward to

1 comment:

Mrs. Wheezer said...

La la la, not listening, la la la.