Wednesday, December 09, 2009

a break in the Holiday overload

Thanks to all these crafty chicks who have blogs my mind is in Holiday Overload…

I have been storing ideas away – some I am running out of time to throw the project together in a exacting fashion…others I so totally want to do them NOW!!!!

But time…time is the enemy – I have to work (to pay for all the craftiness) – then when I get home I deal with 8 year old little girls with homework and Religious Ed class and Gymnastics and Brownies – oh yeah and one of them, PWG, received an early Christmas present from her aunt…her very own simple sewing machine…

So now I have to hover over to make sure she doesn’t sew her fingers together…

I set it up last night and after some curse muttering I finally got it threaded right and dug out some scraps for her to practice on…

The big smile – the look of pure unadulterated joy was worth every moment…

What could be better than that…

Well I left the room for about 10 minutes and came back to find both my girls sitting in the chair together with PWG “schooling” TW in the finer points of sewing a straight line – no fighting, no screams of “This is MINE”…and TW had that same big smile – the same look of joy…

You did good Aunt K…you did good

No comments: