Friday, May 26, 2006

The bastards got me wet....

And we return....to Seaworld on Friday morning...we managed to catch the last part of the Dolphin show - we came in right after the whale part - so we did end up seeing the whole show - it just took us 2 days.

The big part of this day was touching and feeding various animals...the first thing we did was head over to the skate petting - little flat things very similar to Stingrays...the girls had a blast actually touching them - I was quite surprised that TW WANTED to pet them considering her adversion to anything "icky" - but she did - then it off to see and feed the sea lions and seals and then to the sea lion show...

As yes the Sea lion show - where my 3rd kid got picked out of the audience and had to perform "I'm A Little Teapot" in front of the whole stadium - he was a good sport and his reward - getting soaked by the huge sea lion - ummm yummy nothing like going thru the day smelling like wet sea mammals...

After the show my sis and her boytoy went off on thier own to ride the rollercoaster again and the kids and I headed off to Shamu's world for little people...where we rode the Shamu express - all 60 seconds of it and the girls got out thier energy by sliding down some slides...while we were waiting in line for the Shamu express I got a call from my sis informing me she and boytoy had signed up for the Brewmasters Tour - basically a way to partake in a VARIETY of free beer, rather than just whatever they are handing out at the free beer kiosk that day. Seeing as they would be busy with that we headed over to the Shamu show again...

I have to say...1 time is plenty for the Shamu show...I could go around another time for the Dolphin show - after all how many chances do you get to see gay men dressed in bright pink wet suits with some sort of feather head dress diving 20 feet into a dolphin tank...but Shamu is Shamu and well once was more than enough...

After the Shamu show we met up with sis and boy toy...they were well shit-faced...they had ALOT to drink...they had to sit with a rather odd British couple and thier son and fled when the tour was over...they were a little afraid they might be invited to "spend some time" with the family...anyway my sis got a chance to try something called SPYKES, which has yet to hit the market...which is basically shots of flavored alcohol you can add to beer or drink straight - I tasted her beer that had a Chocolate shot - let's just say as soon as these puppies hit the market - I am all over it...

It was about this time we were going past the Journey to Atlantis ride - the one where we all got soaked - and I learned something...they have these buttons - you put a quarter in the slot - hit the button and it makes jets of water go off...so the day before when boy toy and I thought we were in the clear after going down the hill - SOME BASTARD SHOT US!!!! it wasn't the ride - it was some bastard with a quarter - some bastard got his jollys off by soaking us with water...well paybacks a bitch and I just happened to have about $3 in quarters (because that is what the lockers take) - Drunk boy toy and I had LOTS OF FUN being all bastardly and soaking other people - BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...next to petting a dolphin this was my favorite thing at Seaworld - right above the FREE BEER....

After going thru the penguin house again and trying to pet the rays again we were off...

to the parking lot where we forgot where we parked our rental van...never a good thing - after wandering aimlessly for a little while in her drunken state my sister pushed the panic button on the car keychain - SHEER GENIUS - we followed the screeching sirens to our car and got all settled in...

Then it was off to grandma's house...

no dancing singing Santa...but there was a Leprachan sitting atop a syrofoam mushroom...(how long ago was St. Patty's day???)...ah grammi never disappoints...

All in all we had a nice visit with my grandmother - we escaped on Saturday afternoon and went to see Over the Hedge - very cute movie - I love "I can't find my nuts" Hammy - Sunday we managed to escape to the zoo in the morning - where the girls loved to feed the Lorries some necter and learned my sisters boytoy screams like a little girl if a bird accidently lands on his head...I expected the flailing and screaming from TW when a bird landed on her head BUT boy toy...I was surprised...the girls also got a chance to feed a Giraffe...nothing like getting liked by a giant sloppy tounge - I imagine getting slurped by a giraffe is similar to getting slurped by Gene Simmons...but I won't know being as I am not a skank-ho...

After the zoo the kids and I managed to get to the pool - my sis and boytoy got roped into golfing with gram and g'pa...

Monday it was time to go to the airport...

Nice trip...wonderful vacation...still exhausted

1 comment:

MPPs Mom said...

it sounds like a fun trip! I can't believe a complete stranger got you soaked......I can see some serious fights erupting from that kind of thing. I take it people took it pretty well? The chocolate shot sounds delicious too!