Monday, May 01, 2006

Rabbits & Gophers...

Honestly the best thing about being a twin mom is getting to be in a Multiple's Club...

a club just for mothers (or parents) of Multiples...

and my club is awesome...I love the friends I have made through the club and it is nice to know that I am not the only one whose multiples makes them mental.

Over my club is an umbrella club that holds an annual convention for a weekend.

This past weekend was that convention and I was lucky enough to go.

I had a blast... some highlights.

Friday...drove in my car - by myself - listening to music I wanted to listen to and didn't have to stop for a potty break every 30 miles...anyway get to the hotel, check in, find my room and drift on down to the action...met up with some of my clubmates and some friends from another club I hadn't seen in a while. That night about 15-16 of us went out to dinner at an awesome seafood place. I proceeded to down two margaritas and become quite inebriated - NOW I know since having kids I have become somewhat of a lightweight but I swear they were 90% tequila, a splash of mix and ice cubes. The conversation at the table got quite interesting...sex lives...Brazilians (and I am not talking about the people)...and *ahem* bedroom friends that are named after cute and fuzzy little animals. Needless to say I jumped into many of the conversations...because that is the type of person I am and it felt "freeing" to actually be myself rather than hold back, lest i say something out of place...anyway after the resturant a bunch of us ended up drinking something fruity and RUMey in someone's room - lots and lots of laughter...at some point I made it back to my room and managed to drunk dial the room I had previously been in and shouted random obscene words...

Saturday - I awoke at 6:30 am - not by choice but because the person next door - their damned alarm was going off - incessent beeping...after trying to call their room I called down to the front desk and about 10 minutes later after a knock and "housekeeping" the alarm was finally shut off after going off for about 40 minutes...I was a little perturbed because it was the chance to actually sleep in without a small kid pressed up against my ass...I was up by that point and at some point during the night my teeth had grown furry little socks...I had forgotten what it was like to wake up after a night of drinking. Shower...dress and down to the contential breakfast...where the coffee cups were the size of shot glasses - ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME...this is a convention for mothers of MULTIPLES....most of us mainline the stuff and you tease us with shots of coffee...bad coffee at that...anyway after the opening session I hightailed it to my room and actually got a few scrapbook pages done (go me...) instead of going to the lecture session I had signed up for (College Savings and You - ummm already got the 529 in place). Headed to lunch - which was OK...I've had worse. They also did the awards during lunch and our club won for Large Club of the Year (go us!!!!) Instead of going to my afternoon session (Wills, Trusts and More...got it got it and got it...) I instead took advantage of an offer of going for a boat ride in the Chesapake Bay...humm let's see sitting listening to a lawyer or riding in a boat while drinking a Margarita and eating fancy cheese and crackers - serious no-brainer. After leaving the boat I sat around with a few other club members over a strawberry daquari - yummy...sat through the closing business meeting...grabbed some dinner and then spent the rest of the night just hanging out with a bunch of club members having a great time...

so relaxing....

so to all...

Have a gopher and rabbit kind of day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Treats information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!