Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Too many candles....

and I am not talking about my birthday cake - although that has a few too many for my taste...

Nope - I am talking about kids birthday parties...

My girls go to daycare so most of thier classmates were born within a few months of them...

So right now I am stuck in what I will refer to as BIRTHDAY PARTY HELL...

We have 5 birthday parties (including my girls own birthday party) in the next 4 weeks...

Not that I mind parties...but since no alcoholic beverages will be served at these parties and no one over the age of 5 will be getting naked...they are sort of a let down.

We have TWO this weekend -

I get to go visit the Big Cheese himself - Mr. Chuck E. at about 2 pm on Friday... how sad to say this is big excitement in my life right now...I do have to say that the last CEC party the girls were invited to about a month ago my husband sucked it up and took the girls as I had something else going on...I will say that unlike most parties there ARE alcoholic beverages available at CEC...unfortunately for him it was at 10Am and he felt that was a tad to early to partake of beer at CEC...however the party on Friday is at 2pm - is that a little to early for a beer cocktail??? Actually, the big question is how many tokens can I scarf from my girls so I can have myself a little skee ball action?

On Saturday - late in the afternoon I get to go to Pump It Up - yet again - this will be the 5th time we have been to Pump It Up in less than 5 months...and we will be going yet again later this month for yet another birthday. For those who are blissfully unaware of what Pump It Up is - basically you get a big room and fill it full of inflatables - put some music on and let the kids run themselves ragged for an hour - however - there is a little quirk in the whole party - ADULTS are encouraged to partake in the inflatables as well...which I must admit for the first time or two we went was quite fun...now...not so much...maybe if they took a page out of the CEC manual of parties and served beer it would make it a lot less annoying to us parents...

No comments: