Monday, November 19, 2007

Just Another Manic Monday

A timeline of events so far

Greeted by my children at 6:25 this morning…hold a freakin sec…6:25 – WTF – why didn’t our alarms go off…we have three alarms set – Mine, TC and the girls…NONE of which went off – so crap on a stick we are late…

Send TC to the shower first since we are actually driving separately today (usually commute together)…while he is in the shower I head to the toilet well to you know…

Realize that a “friend” has come to visit two days early – commence cussing…

Still cussing when TC gets out of the shower – I go to grab a WaHoo plug only to find out the only ones I have left are “lite days” (God damn Tampax Variety Pack – more Supers less Lites) – while holding two I realize – hey two are about the size of 1 Super…then I have that ‘thought’

You know the thought of “how would I explain myself if I wind up naked on an ER table” and decide 1 is enough…besides I have about 6 of them – that should last me oh about 2 hours…I am lamenting on the fact that all I have are “lite” ones when TC asks “Well won’t they work”

Umm yeah about as well as an umbrella hat in a hurricane

So I hurry and get in the shower and – oh I guess I should also tell you my in-laws who were suppose to head home Sunday afternoon are still at my house… - which makes everything just a bit more sweeter…

Get out of the shower and find that it is almost time to leave….that is if we hadn’t been awoken 25 minutes behind schedule…luckily TC was ready to go and took the girls with him…I didn’t even care that TW was totally mismatched and PWG was wearing her shitkickers with her dress…

So now it is me naked in a house alone with my In-laws…so not a good Monday morning…figure if I hurry and get dressed I can get out before they arise from their slumber…

Then I realize – AWWWW SHIT – I need dessert for TW Thanksgiving Feast…OK – so the grocery store is open…and I am going to be out of those ‘Lite” Wahoo plugs soon…

So I get dressed, run down the stairs and out the door…

Whew…no in-law sightings

Head to the grocery store where I pick up 2 boxes of brownie bites, 2 dozen mini cupcakes and a box of Tampax Supers…needless to say the checkout boy just took a look at what I was purchasing and was very nice to me…

Get in the car and realize – CRAP ON A FREAKIN STICK – the birthday card for a co-worker is sitting on my kitchen counter – in my haste to leave my house this morning I forgot it and since all my other co-workers needed to sign it back home I went….

Get back home and manage to run in quickly and grab the card – I heard stirring upstairs but I just ran as fast as my little pumped heeled feet would go…

Jump back in the car and head off to work – only to get stuck in traffic – main way into work is blocked by a big accident…so I have to go the long way around through the Ghetto…lock my doors and cross my fingers that all the drug dealers are asleep after a heavy night of dealing…

Finally get to work – only to realize that today is Flu Shot day and my appointment is NOW…so I rush upstairs to fill out the paperwork – what they want my employee number – I don’t know…so finally find it out when another co-worker tells me I need my insurance card…look and look through my purse – can’t find the freakin thing – call TC and tell him he needs to FAX me the card NOW….so I give one more look through and guess what I find…yep the damn card…

Run down and get my flu shot…

Then calm for a little while…then off to PWG Thanksgiving Feast…

Get out to my car and start heading toward the school – only to find my main way blocked by a cop car – WTF…ok maybe an accident – so I have to go the long way around to get on the interstate…so I am putzing along wondering “Humm why are there no cars coming from the other direction” – then BAM – lights and sirens everywhere…do you want to know who F’ed up my way – the President of the United States…damn that man…apparently he is in town for something or other – I don’t care - he added 5 minutes on to my travel time – hella pissed.

Finally get to the school and sign in and make my way to the class room…where I learned that while PWG did inherit my creativity…she also inherited my gracefulness and managed to trip and send her plate flying everywhere…luckily most everything but the mashed potatoes were solid and stayed in thier lump like forms. After lunch I asked the room mother if there was anything I could help with…

SO SO SO should not of said anything…cause I then spent the next 10 minutes gluing Walnuts on potatoes…

Let me say this again…gluing walnuts on potatoes…

All this by 12:30…

Wonder what the rest of the afternoon will bring…

All I know is when I get home my In-laws better be gone or I am camping at the local Red Roof Inn tonight…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Monday post! Happy Monday! I just posted Manic Monday - RELISH Meme!

Come stop by my blog!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

g-man said...

I do hope that the rest of your day brings you nothing but golden sunshine.

Really nothing says potential hazardous situation quite like a box of jumbo tampons and a pile of chocolate.

Builder Mama said...

I'm with Gman, no wonder that guy at the grocery store didn't say anything. Not to mention you probably have PTSD from the in-law visit, right?