Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Why they should not allow Kindergartners to borrow anything...

An e-mail I just wrote to TW's teacher...

Good Morning,

If you notice {TW} did not bring her library book back in to school – it is missing somewhere in our house…I had told her to put it back in her backpack after we read it and somehow (not really a surprise to me) it didn’t make it – I noticed it wasn’t in the backpack last night when we were packing her snack…it was late and we only looked half-heartily for the book in the all usual spots but failed to find it – after moving the couch to look and finding half of the lego collection and various already worn socks (apparently when we ask the girls to clean up it means shoving everything under the couch) I basically gave up for the night - I have a feeling that it might have gotten dumped into one of the toy bins during another round of clean-up…

{Third Child} and I decided this would make a good lesson for {TW} – that if she can’t take care of the things she borrows then maybe she is not ready to borrow things….maybe this incident will teach her something????…I will be doing a more detailed look for the book this week – I know it didn’t leave the house so it has to be somewhere…maybe searching for it will spur me to do my spring cleaning early???

**********************************
ha ha ha Spring Cleaning - yeah right....

Can you just imagine if they had a class pet that had to be taken home on the weekend by some poor unsuspecting parent...it would never survive coming to my home...

2 comments:

MamaMaven said...

I am not convinced they should allow parents of Kindergarteners to borrow anything either, we are constantly in debt to the library!

TxGambit said...

It doesn't stop at Kindergarten. It continues on in to Junior High. We have already paid for one missing book so far. And there are still several months left.

Good job on find that Lego collection and the missing socks.