Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I shoulda' drank more in college

And oh yeah try those mushrooms I was offered one evening…

Cause I would probably be rich right now.

Having 6.5 year old twins I have seen more than my fair share of childrens programming in the last 6 years…

I am very thankful that I gave birth on the tail end of the “BARNEY” era…although I did wind up smack in “THE WIGGLES” generation…which after awhile your mind becomes numb to the music and you can’t help but hum “cold spaghetti, cold spaghetti”

There are some weird shows out there and some shows that leave you scratching your head – Like the Tellytubbies and their wacko cousins the Boobahs…

But the other day I saw a show where all I could do was slightly mouth to Third Child “what the F#$@”

And that show is OOBI

If you haven’t seen it – let me fill you it – it is a bunch of people with eyeballs on their hands…yes eyeballs on their hands…occasionally other accessories pop up – wigs, capes, bows…but the basics are a hand and eyeballs…

All I can think is the creator was sitting around with his “bros” one evening high on something or other and staring at his hand….

“Dude wouldn’t it be cool if my hand had eyeballs?”

OOBI is born…and now has a show on Noggin…

I am seriously thinking about getting myself a pair of OOBI EYES…and dressing up for Halloween this year…humm I wonder if they have a little bottle of Valium or a bottle of Jack as accessories.

3 comments:

Builder Mama said...

OMG, you hadn't heard of Oobi before? I would say in terms of suckage it's right up there with the Doodlebops IMO. Just horrid. I want some of what the creators of those shows have been taking!

Unknown said...

Seriously - that show has been on for years, way before we canceled cable. We didn't love it but didn't hate it. It was for way youngins IMO and I liked how gentle it was. But it could definitely get on my nerves too. Bryan does a great Oobi impression.

Anonymous said...

See, I'm thinking I should have drank LESS in college because after watching Oobi for a while I forget that it's someone's hand.....hmmmm....what does that say about me?